Monday, August 29, 2016

Charming Deception, Page 12

“I remember… gardenias. I remember the beautiful fragrance from my bouquet. And I remember the unflappable Mr. Pendleton and I walking out the back door of the hotel and down the stone walkway to the beach. And he said he was so happy for us. 

I remember seeing you near the shore waiting for me, smiling, looking so handsome in your white dinner jacket. Folding chairs on either side filled with happy people. Familiar happy faces, no names. 

I remember Annette was our maid of honor. She wore yellow. She looked stunning. She carried yellow roses. And Tom was our best man. I remember Father Guido. I also remember that was the very first time I ever saw you nervous. And so excited. Just so filled with love and joy. I’d never seen a happier man in my whole life. You were absolutely bubbling over with emotion.”

“Yes, our wedding day was the happiest day of my life, up to that point. I was ecstatic. I couldn’t believe I was so lucky. I could hardly contain myself. I can’t begin to tell you. You’ve made such a huge, huge difference in my life.”

“Oh, just you wait! I’m not done with you yet!” I crawl on top of him. He holds me gently in his arms. “I feel like I’m living a dream life. Everything is so beautiful, so perfect.”

“Sam, baby, are you ready for this?”
“Yes,” I whisper. “Are you?”
“Yes,” he answers. “I’ve been ready for a long time now, but I didn’t want to rush you. I love you, you know.”

“Yes, I know. You show it, in a million different ways. I see it in your eyes, hear it in your voice, the way you reach for my hand.” I kiss him again. 

Another tender kiss and everything else seems to fade away as we found our way back to each other. All misgivings, giant paranoid streaks, and distrust issues seemed smaller, duller, farther away, and less important to me.


Days turned into weeks. I became extremely comfortable with the handsome, lovable Jakson Blake.
12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday, April 10, 2018

Dear Gentle Readers, Oh, it’s been a long time since I sat here to ramble on and on about the minutia and planetoids colliding in my m...